Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Darthelmo: New character application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Darthelmo: New character application Empty
PostSubject: Darthelmo: New character application   Darthelmo: New character application EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Darthelmo has put forwards a new character application: Issac Smirnov

What is the opinion of the council about the acceptance of this character?
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: New character application   Darthelmo: New character application EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:39 pm

It's more detailed than Skill's, there's that. But, if we compare DE's skill with the writing on this BIO, I would be ready to bet that it was corrected by Whilaroo, or Toryn. Not that I say that's bad.
The powers are what is most disturbing me. 'Extremely lucky' (hence the name, I suppose). With my past experience on other RP sites, I have seen characters such as his, which have luck out of the common, or, in my language, a very good guardian angel. I've already seen characters being struck by lightning, yes, and survive, but being extremely lucky is also having a part of Godmod inside in certain difficulties.
I have to admit the Vladimir almost has the same power, 'able to dodge bullets'. Vladimir's power may resemble that, and Vladimir even managed to get out of the worst situations, mostly by luck or pure coincidence (luck again). And, again, I was lucky to have Vladimir accepted.
For now, I can only say 'so-so', kind of like Gab's Be' Lakor. We should see how Lucky is used, and then evaluate on the acts.
Back to top Go down
whilaroo
High Priest
whilaroo

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: New character application   Darthelmo: New character application EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 5:57 am

I understand and agree with Copy'N'Paste's fears. On the same hand, and probably because of my natural bias towards the guy, I believe that we should perhaps give Elmo a chance with this. I know that at the very least the two administrators will pay attention to the progress of the character, but I vow also to keep a close eye upon Issac...

Elmo himself has expressed the knowledge of Issac's overpowered nature and the difficulty that presents itself in the form of his abilities. Also, Lucky is intended to be an irritating character... Those are Elmo's words, not mine.

I am of the opinion that he should be given a chance with this. If failure is met, as I fear that it might but hope it is not, then I will submit to whatever the council shall decide upon the matter. This being said, I would like to see Lucky evolve as he is given a chance to exist among others.

My vote is cast in favor of Issac.

P.S. I was indeed of use for a good deal of the BIO in terms of spelling and grammar. However, a goodly section of the powers was not presented to me for alteration before being posted... Thus, and because of my connection with Elmo, I have seen Lucky rise from a pitiful thought to a formed idea form whence he evolved into a being with a great deal of personality and character. Thus, as you can see, I am entirely willing to give both the character and Elmo the benefit of the doubt, but for reasons that are reasonably biased. So it is, that in this case i may not be of use because of how close I am to this particular case... Thank you for your time...
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: New character application   Darthelmo: New character application EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:44 am

Voting so far:
Two in favour (33%)
One Neutral (16%)
Back to top Go down
Prism
Senator
Prism

Male
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: New character application   Darthelmo: New character application EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:40 pm

As you can probably expect, I am not going to give a long explanation on my likes and dislike, but I will do my best.

As both CnP and Whil' said, there is a chance that he could become overpowered. But if Elmo starts to overpower him, I am sure Whil' could give him a lecture and he would most likely tone him down some. So in my opinion I would accept him, because I think he has the potential to be a fun character to rp with.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: New character application   Darthelmo: New character application EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 2:31 pm

Three against one, character accepted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darthelmo: New character application   Darthelmo: New character application Empty

Back to top Go down

Darthelmo: New character application
Page 1 of 1