Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Raven said nothing, seemingly accepting what Ahrach had said, but she was still turning it over in her mind. She pulled off her cloak, putting it around Ahrach's shoulders. Her blood kept her warm, she reasoned with herself, but Ahrach looked as if he hadn't seen a decent meal in months.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Ahrach looked at the cloak, lifting one thin eyebrow before turning his eyes to Raven. Without asking, he opened up the cloak and pulled Raven next to him, enveloping her with the cloak as well. "If you're going to take care of me, you might was well take care of yourself, no?" Ahrach whispered, a glint of sympathy shining in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:42 pm

Raven smiled, ducking out from under the cloak and wrappng it a bit tighter around Ahrach. She snuggled up to him anyway, hugging him close.
"Don't worry about me, my blodd keeps me warm. You've got no strength to keep yourself warm."
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Ahrach sighed quietly, pulling the cloak around him, Raven obviously having a point. Even though he loathed himself for not being able to do anything properly these days, he knew he'd have to put up with it. Raven may have changed while he was at the Lab, but he still knew what Erelx would do if he died.
Ahrach lifted his eyes to the stars above him, pulling Raven closer with one frail arm. He lifted his other hand to a shining dot in the darkness. "I remember that one," Ahrach murmured, "I don't know if it's divine or just coincidence, but ever since I was small, that star has followed me. When I was a child, I used to go out and look up at it. The few times I was out of the Lab, it was there. And now, it still hasn't moved." Ahrach lowered his head, sighing again, closing his eyes. "Remember that time we tried to reach the moon, Raven?... I don't think it's going to happen again."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Raven gently nestled a little closer to Ahrach, looking up at the star he had pointed out. She sighed silently.
"Don't worry, Ahrach, I'll do everything I can to get you back to your former self." She murmured to the Kuijin.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:18 pm

Ahrach's head lowered further as he scowled at the ground, the feathers bristling on his arms. He shivered slightly before tensing again, not taking his eyes off the cold, immobile earth. "Raven," he muttered, "I know that this is not the answer you're seeking for, but it needs to be said, and repeated if need be - It's impossible. Trying won't make anything better in this situation. I cannot regain my former entity, ever, whether it be by the most complew healing sequence or by the most well-thought of masks, my physical self will stay with me, until I fall to dust. It is a truth I took time to realize, but now that it's here, all I can say is that life goes on, and there's nothing neither I nor you nor anyone imaginable in this day and age who can do anything about it." Ahrach sighed once more, pulling Raven closer to him. "Despite that, I thank you for your concern about me. I cannot do much else as of now, so I hope it is enough for you."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Raven looked at Ahrach straight in the eyes. She masked the concern and the pain she felt for him behind her calm violet eyes. She nodded briefly, tucking the cloak a little closer around the Kuijin to keep him warm before snuggling close to him, her fingers lightly stroking the feathers on his arm.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Ahrach did not move, breathing deeply before letting out a quiet sigh. He knew that it wasn't for the best that he acted as cold as he was doing, but he couldn't really control how he replied. The time he had passed in the Lab had changed him, far too much for him and for the others around him. Hopefully for him, the others wouldn't give up trying to help him, or at least that's what he thought. He thought it deeply, wanting it to happen, but despite that, he wanted to help others, although there were multiple obstacles in his way.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Raven stretched her arms, standing up.
"We should get moving again to get to this safe place of yours. We're too exposed to ambush here." She said, looking at Erelex. In her mind, however, she was already working on getting Ahrach back into even something like his former self when it came to physical prowness.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Ahrach stood up, before coiling the cloak around Raven's shoulders. He let a moment fly by before gently hugging Raven from behind in his long fragile arms. "Thank you," he murmured, before slowly breaking away and walking over to Erelx, nodding once. She nodded back, leaping into the air and morphing into the large crow. Ahrach stepped onto a stone and threw himself upwards, morphing into the eagle and flying away.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:57 pm

Raven quietly enjoyed the moment of contact with Ahrach before quickly clipping her cloak around her shoulders and taking to the skies after the two Kuijin. Black raven feathers glinted in the low light, creating a silver sheen to the bird so often associated with death. She quickly caught up with the two bigger birds, and then contented herself with keeping up with them.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Ahrach placed himself at Raven's side, following Erelx closely. He scanned the undergrowth below him, for any upcoming ambush or anything similar to that. None seen, he continued soaring, hoping that none would come until they found shelter. Although, knowing Thalieth, she would do things as quickly as possible to get to the end.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Raven concentrated on keeping up with Erelex and keeping an eye on Ahrach. Her mind wandered a little as she automatically flapped her wings to stay airborn. She close her eyes. Things were going to change dramatically over the next few days, she could sense it.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Several timid hours passed as the group flew onwards. Ahrach had a hard time keeping up, for he had not done such an excursion since many months. After Erelx alerted him that their destination was coming up, they both began to slowly lower to have a good landing. Erelx, being used to the surroundings of her domain, fell swiftly to the ground, looking back up to Ahrach, who nearly dove into a tree nearby. In a final attempt to land correctly, Ahrach quickly morphed back into his human shape and fell heavily on the ground. He lay on the ground for a moment, trying to ease the pain in his body, but his sister pulled him up to his feet.
"This is no time to act like the fishes," she muttered, "get inside. I'll prepare some food for all of us. We deserve it, before we think of what to do next." Ahrach nodded slowly, before turning around to look for Raven.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Raven landed a few moments after the two Kuijin, although landing on human feet from having morphed halfway through her landing. She smiled at Ahrach, gently taking his hand.
"Let's get you inside to the warm." She said softly, starting to lead the eagle Kuijin inside.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Ahrach nodded quickly, almost leading Raven inside, slightly remembering the last time he came here. Erelx flicked on the lights of the entrance, before opening it and beckoning the two inside. After they had entered, she closed the door behind her and locked it securely. Looking back quickly, she took Raven by the hand and pulled her slightly away from Ahrach, and then led her into the kitchen. Erelx turned around to look at Raven, sighing slightly.
"Raven," she began quietly, "please take good care of my brother. You have already noticed that he isn't at his top, mentally or physically. I don't know if I'm able to give him the hopes that you'll be able to give him. We've already been through a lot, you know, him and I, but I still really can't know him well. I hope you'll be able to do so yourself..." Erelx lifted one hand and placed it on Raven's shoulder, "there's a couch in the living room. You should rest a while with him. I'll get some food prepared and then we'll get some more sleep before trying to think again."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Raven pushed Erelex's hand off her shoulder.
"I would never do anything to put him in harm's way. I am going to do everything within the power of the demons and the synari to help him." She said. "You can trust me on that."
Raven turned her back, heading back to Ahrach, guiding him towards the couch.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Erelx stared at Raven walk away, before smiling to herself and lifting a hand to her forehead. "I hope I can trust you..." Erelx murmured to herself, "I hope I can trust you." With any further ado, Erelx looked around and checked what she had with her. Nothing much, but just enough, as she always said. She had to do the best with what she had.
Ahrach followed Raven to the couch and nodded quickly. Luckily for him and the others, Erelx's house wasn't that far away from a farm, and thus wouldn't be obvious in this area. He walked over to another chair, pulled two thin blankets and passed one to Raven, before settling himself down onto the couch and pulling the sheet onto his body.
"Alright..." he murmured to himself, "First rest, then eat, then rest again. Been a long day."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Raven covered Ahrach with the blanket he had given her, and then with her cloak. She perched next to him, her curious fingers gently stroking his feathers.
"You just stay there and rest, ok? Erelex and I will take care of the rest."
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:03 pm

With a moment of thought, Ahrach looked up at Raven and quickly nodded, burying his body deeper into the covers. "Sure," he replied, "I'll be staying here. I sense that sleep is catching up with me anyways." Ahrach looked back at the empty place where a fire could be, although the large lumber Erelx cut seemed just too heavy for him at first glance. Ahrach sighed and closed his eyes.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Raven noticed Ahrach's glance towards the fireplace. She stood up to kneel next to the grate, placing the logs onto the stone before summoning a little orb of magic and slipping it between them. After a few moments, the wood began to smoke, and small flames flickered. Raven kept up the magic for a little longer to make sure the fire had caught before moving back to sit next to Ahrach.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Ahrach's pinched lips curved at the edge as he gazed into the aroused flames. He turned his head to Raven, nodding a second time. "Thank you, Raven," he whispered. He waited a while before sliding on the couch and laying his back on Raven's legs, letting out a second sigh as he looked up at her.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Raven smiled down at the Kuijin, softly stroking the feathers on his head.
"You're welcome," She murmured before starting to sing quietly, an old Synari lullaby that she had learnt from Shadow. A song that Arella used to sing.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Ahrach listened to the words, not understanding any of it, as it seemed to be another language. He still remembered his kuijin names fairly well, only having forgotten a few. Even though he didn't understand the meaning of what Raven was singing, he liked it that way. Listening to her voice. Hours ago, he thought that he wouldn't ever hear it again. Maybe hope did exist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.   Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Across long distances and vast plains, my future lies nowhere.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4