Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Twin-lunar despotism.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Twin-lunar despotism. Empty
PostSubject: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Boiling heat. Stifling air. Scalding sand.
Forever and ever.
There was no wind at all. Not any sound. The slightest impact of a feather on the sand would ruin the stillness of the picture. If there was a bird above to fly in such temperatures, that is.
Clean, distant blue skies.
Cloudless.
Endless.
The incessant faraway rumble. Coming closer. An engine, tired out by use and worn out by warmth. It roared, breaking the pleasant silence of this beautiful scene. If there was an observer that would be insane enough to be out in such a place, it would see a vehicle, slowly ascending tall dunes to descend them afterwards. Spotless tracks were left behind the jeep, going on and on for miles.
There was a man at the driving wheel. Young, and maybe handsome. Flowing, spiked up brown hair was in heavy contrast with the warm colors behind it. A pair of black glasses hid the man's eyes, leaving an aspect of mystery if the observer laid its eye on him. Wearing a large dark purple bandanna around his neck, which floated gently with the small turbulences on-board the vehicle.
Suddenly, the engine jerked to a halt. The man calmly lifted one hand, taking his black glasses ever so easily off his head, to peer down at the commands with an ocean-blue stare. A small air of idiocy crept up the man's face, as he slowly started descending the dune he was just escalating. Backwards.
The man looked behind, a fearing glint in his eyes. He cramped himself quickly to the chairs as the vehicle gained speed. It smashed into a small hill of sand at the bottom, making the man shoot out of the seat like a living projectile, head first into the sand behind.
A small moment passed before the man pulled his head out of the sand, using both hands to push himself out. Sand flowed through the air as he jerked his head back and sighed. He fell down backwards, and slid down to his vehicle. Shakily, the man got back up to his feet, scratching the back of his head, ruffling his hair.
An abrupt clank came from the vehicle, and a thin line of smoke lifted into the air from the engine. The man sighed heavily, grabbing a bag from the trunk, and heaving it onto his back. He sat next to the jeep, opening the bag, and taking out a bottle of water. Carefully opening it, he tilted it over his mouth, letting a flow of liquid pour into his opened mouth. He gulped it down, closing the bottle afterwards. Calmly putting the bottle back into the bag, the man tilted his head backwards, letting out another sigh.
"Why..." he croaked, "am I so unlucky?"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:15 pm

A large black bird swooped over the sands, stirring up little coulds as it wheeled and dove. It lazily glided though the air, enjoying the sun on it's back. Another black bird joined it, smaller than the first, but more playful, wheeling in circles around the first one. The larger bird snapped at the smaller one, starting to head downwards.
Merlas landed on the sand at a full paced gallop, followed close behind by her youngest foal, Midnight Star. They barely registered as they galloped past a figure, trying to slow down. They hooves sank deep into the sand, and Midnight soon tripped, falling flat on his face before standing up again and shaking, clouds of sand erupting from his coat and wings. Merlas trotted back towards him, and then spotted the human. SHe stopped dead, about ten metres away, head held up, ears pricked, just watching him.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:33 pm

At the sound of flapping, crashing and then silence, Vladimir slowly turned his head. His chin rested on his shoulder as to tiredly not use any muscles whatsoever to lift his whole head. His eyes widened at the sight of a giant black horse, and another smaller one at its side. There was something quite wrong with the animal, though, but Vladimir couldn't quite get his finger on it.
He scanned both beings, barely moving his eyes. He then spotted it.
What are horses doing in the desert?
Wait, no.
Why the heck do they have wings?
Vladimir blinked, thinking that he was surely in a coma or something, and that he was dreaming. "Uh..." he uttered quietly, "are you the... horses of the apocalypse?"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Merlas seemed to roll her eyes at the comment about the horses of the apocalypse. She snorted, shaking her head. Midnight amused himself by approaching Vladimir before neighing loudly and shying away again. Merlas eventually nipped him on the ear, putting an end to his game. She walked a couple of metres closer to Vladimir, her head nodding with her stride in a normal horse fashion and her wings tucked neatly into her sides.
"Who are you, little one?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Vladimir lifted one eyebrow at the horse. A little voice at the back of his head started murmuring.
Woah, talking mirages. What do we do with technology these days?
As if Vladimir had magically gotten all his energy back, Vladimir stood up, putting his hands on his hips superiorly, as he looked defyingly at the talking horse.
"Who do you think you're calling little?" he muttered, before snickering, and falling back on the sand again. "Eh, I guess talking to a few hallucinations won't be bad for me. I'm Vladimir. You might know me from all the... 'Wanted' posters around here."
The man turned his head to the tall horse, lifting again one eyebrow. "Do you have any... Horse-names?"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Merlas lowered her head to snort in Vladimir's face.
"I'm calling you little," She said, obviously as amused with Vladimir answering back as she was amused with Midnight's games. "I am Merlas Aurayasdaughter and this is Midnight Starlightsson." She said, glancing briefly at the capering colt behind her.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Vladimir gulped silently at the names. He could only bear thinking what they meant, but not understand the weight. He sighed. "So..." he murmured, "Merlas and Midnight, eh?"
Vladimir thought a bit, looking up at the sky. He tucked both his hands behind his head, protecting the back of his head from the hot sand.
"Sounds like some heroes on a television show, somewhat."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:55 pm

Merlas rolled her eyes, flicking her ears back briefly.
"Sorry to dissapoint you, but no." She pricked up one ear before nickering a warning to Midnight. The colt instantly put on a surprised 'who me?' look on his face, earning him another nip on the ear from his mother.

Another pegasus landed on the sands, this time carrying a rider. A young woman with short purple hair looked down from the tall brown pegasus, taking in Vladimir's appearance. Raven didn't seem to impressed, recognising him from a description that Archangel and onyx had given her of 'the man who could be dangerou to us'.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:00 pm

Vladimir looked up, lifting one hand to protect his eyes from the light above. Despite this action, he could barely tell the features of the person that looked down at him.
Great, another horse. But who's that?
Vladimir squinted, to try and acute his vision, and he succeeded. His eyes met the violet-haired woman, and they widened.
Ooh, this can't be a mirage.
Vladimir got up, rubbing his knuckles against his chest, and blowing on them to take off the 'dust'. He always loved to do that move, like they did in almost every James Bond movie.
"Hey there," he said, full of himself, "nice weather, eh?"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:05 pm

Raven raised one eyebrow before she swung herself off the pegasus, standing in front of Vladimir.
"I take it that you're Vladimir," She said, her tone of voice suggesting that this was not an inquiry, but rather an affirmation. She didn't reply to Vladimir's question, her memory bringing up thoughts of Ahrach.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Vladimir grinned idiotically, looking down at Raven with sly blue eyes. He curled his arms behind his back, leaning down slightly to be at Raven's height.
"Yes, most people know me around here," he replied casually, "but you seem more... Secretive. Someone like you must have a name, no?"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Raven's violet eyes narrowed slightly, giving her a slightly cat-like look. She didn't like people coning down to her height if they were taller. It just made her more conscious of the fact that her twin had been slightly taller than her, and even her nieces were going to be taller.
"My name is Raven, but I don't think it will be of much use to you. However, I know from certain people that you have another name, don't you?" She said.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:19 pm

Vladimir grinned, and stood up straight, still looking at Raven. He brushed his brown hair with his hand, and turned his eyes to the woman again.
"Yes," he replied wistfully, "my middle name is Gentleness."
He thought himself intelligent to do such a stupid answer, but there are certain points of view of the worst womanizer of the world.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:20 pm

Raven mentally rolled her eyes.
"No, I was thinking more along the lines of 'Damascus', or am I mistaking you for someone else?" Raven didn't seem to think that she was mitaking him for anyone else, she just added it to seem politer than she actually was. That and to add a little bit of sarcasm to her words.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Vladimir froze in his place. He didn't even breathe. His eyelids opened ever so slowly to meet Raven's eyes, and there was a flash of fear inside them as he set them on Raven. His face became serious, and he straighted, turning away, and leaning on the nearly buried jeep. He sighed, putting his hands on his knees, and he looked up again, his eyes behind the fringes of his chestnut brown hair.
"You're somehow related to those girls, aren't you?" he asked calmly.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:32 pm

"No, you think?" Raven said sarcastically. "They're my nieces. And by their accounts, I'm surprised you havent tried to shoot me yet." Her face remained calm, with only her slightly narrowed eyes betraying her true emotions.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:43 pm

Vladimir scratched the back of his head, looking up at the sky exasperatedly. He turned his eyes to the woman, before he stood up by pushing himself off the jeep.
"That's to be explained," he answered, "Damascus only manifests himself when I have holy water in me. But, even then, he doesn't have full control of me, like your nieces must've noticed. I wouldn't let him shoot you if ever he had the chance to get out right now."
Vladimir lifted one hand, and pointed at the bag with his thumb. "In there. There are three bottles full of holy water. I could make Damascus get out if I wanted to, but I'll only do it in the worst situation. And, anyways," Vladimir added, walking over to the bag, and pulling out a black glove from it, "as long as I don't wear this, he cannot get out whatsoever."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Raven nodded once.
"Good, you're not as much of a threat to us as we calculated." She said, secretly feeling relieved. With Vrael away, she was head of the clan, and it was more tiring than she had previously expected. She really didn't feel up to fighting someone who was not interested in taking the fight lightly. She glanced at her pegasus, who had just engaged in a lively game of chase with Midnight across the sands, watched by a bored looking Merlas.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Vladimir put the glove back into the bag, calmly standing up to look at Raven. He thought a little bit, before he opened his mouth and shut it close, thinking again about what he was about to say. He looked at his jeep, then back at the horses, then he turned his blue eyes to the purple-haired woman.
So, if they're her nieces, she must be like them. How many are they, anyways? What's going to happen to me next? I've already had vampires, demons, flying horses, angels... What, a sort of were-monkey?
Vladimir sighed.
"Well, uh," he began, "could you help me a bit, since you're here? My jeep is kinda, like, 6 feet underground."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Raven sighed silently, whistling for Merlas. The black mare ambled over, and Raven took a length of rope from the small bag slung across her shoulders. Tying a fort of makeshift harness over the mare's chest and shoulders, she then tied it to a part of the jeep that was still visible, telling Merlas to pull while the demoness used her magic to clear away some of the sand. Within a few minutes, the pair had almost freed the jeep. Merlas gave a snort of surprise as she suddenly found no resistance on the other end of the rope, falling to her knees before heaving herself up again, waiting for Raven to untie her.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:04 pm

Vladimir just watched and helped as good as he could while trying to take the jeep out, pushing pathetically to try and aid the two others. When the jeep suddenly erupted from the hole, Vladimir fell face first into the sand. He shook his head, brushing off all the sand, and got up. He patted his clothes with his hands, trying to get most of the sand off.
"Thanks," he said aloud, turning his eyes to Raven. "Oh, just another thing... Did you come out all over here just to get me? Because, honestly, I don't think you had anything to worry about to start with."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:10 pm

Raven looked up briefly from untying the knots.
"I conly came out here to excersise the pegusi. Coming across you was just chance." She pulled the rope off Merlas' back, turning to face Vladimir as she started to coil it. "You were and are still a threat to my clan."
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:16 pm

"Hm," Vladimir replied simply, picking up the bag and throwing it into the jeep. "Well, I guess the only way to get rid of me for now would be to kill me, right?" Vladimir added jokingly. He thought about what he had just said, and felt slightly embarrassed. "Uh, scratch that part."
Vladimir leaned against the jeep, gazing at the two 'pegusi' as Raven had said.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Merlas had lain down to bask in the sun, her tail moving occasionally to chase away the flies as she watched Raven's mare, Sarkan, chasing Midnight over the dunes.Raven watched them as well for a few moments before she looked at Vladimir again.
"Whatever you end up doing, you would be wise not to harm the clan."
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Vladimir chuckled quietly to himself, before laying his gaze on Raven.
"Right," he answered, "I think there's no possible chance for me to end up there, anyways." Vladimir hopped into the jeep, brushing off the sand from the leather seats with the palm of his hand. He hit the wheel twice, as to get off as much of the grainy material off it, and then he remembered.
He had no gas.
He sighed heavily, wondering how the heck he was going to get the jeep back to the city, without any gas. Vladimir hit his head multiple times against the wheel of the vehicle, grumbling in pain and anger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twin-lunar despotism.   Twin-lunar despotism. Empty

Back to top Go down

Twin-lunar despotism.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Creatures RP :: Role Play :: Role Playing Academy :: Old and First parts of RP threads.-
Jump to: