Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New World

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

A New World - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Chapter 8

Back in the girl’s cell, plans were taking form, and suspicions were arising. No one knew where Illianna went on her daily excursions, although they were told that she was just going to the infirmary to take the tablets for her diabetes. The plans had to be twisted every day, because every day, new measures came in to stop their plan, even though Natalie and Allyssianne had found a way to stop the CCTV camera being able to record their voices.

Soon, by using a secret sign language to communicate their plans to each other, the plan was able to be put into place. Everyone was at their stations, Holly and Natalie behind the door, Allyssianne on the ground, crying as she clutched a broken shin, and Lara was holding a supposedly furious Marny back from her.

A guard walked in, carrying their dinner. Illianna was nowhere in sight as usual. So far, everything was going to plan as she caught sight of the injured Allyssianne, and knelt down beside her. Holly and Natalie took this opportunity to strike, one lashing out with a knockout spell, and the other with a binding spell. They were well practised at this, having done it several times so that Lara could go out and nick the equipment necessary for the escape. The two wand wielders smirked as they observed their work, obviously pleased. Allyssianne stood up, nothing wrong with her and she nudged the guard with her foot to make sure he was out cold. The girls then put in the earpieces that had been re-frequenced to one that was hidden.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:08 pm

Chapter 9

With everything in place, they nodded at each other and ran silently out of the door, taking off in different directions to try to find the exit to the outside world from this hellhole. Natalie went off on her own, and the other five split up. Allyssianne followed Marny while Lara and Holly teamed up.

Natalie ran silently down the corridor, looking anxiously around for any sign of an exit. She tripped over a broken tile, landing heavily on the ground. She sat up, massaging her shoulder, when she spotted something going on through a grill floor level. Lying down on her stomach, curiosity peaked, she looked through, and saw an official looking woman sitting behind a desk, and in the chair in front of her, sat Illianna. Natalie eavesdropped on their conversation.
“It’s not working anymore.” Illianna was saying. “They don’t seem to trust me.”
“Then make them trust you.”
“But Allyssianne and Marny are so... cautious!”
“We’ll deal with them. Just you work on the others...”

Natalie pulled back, unable to hear anymore. Her mind was reeling, and she felt ill. Illianna was betraying them? Working with their captors? No, she couldn’t be! The girl tried to get a hold of her thoughts, pushing the topic out of her mind, and concentrated on her mission, but it nagged at the back of her mind.

Allyssianne and Marny snuck along a corridor, glad of the white clothes that blended in quite well with the once-white walls. They looked around warily, as if waiting for a guard to spring out from behind a corner and grab them. Marny split off from Allyssianne as they came across corridors that lead off from the one they had been following. Allyssianne continued to open doors that only held silence in an attempt to find the one she needed. Behind one door, however, she found something that made her smile with a hint of evil.
Back to top Go down
Pure Insanity
Healer
Healer
Pure Insanity

Female
Number of posts : 5289
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:17 pm

Awww man
I love Holly.
*ahem*
I mean I love this.
Continue it .. but dont stop talking to me ...

lol

Awesome.

*tries to think of constructive advice*

nope s'great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:58 pm

Chapter 9

Holly and Lara stuck together for protection. Poking open a door, Lara looked inside warily, disguised as one of the guards. The door swung open silently, and, seeing it was empty, she relaxed slightly. The room was lit solely by the light of several screens. A few only showed blizzards, (she later found out that Allyssianne had deactivated a few), one showed an empty cell, and the other one showed a cell much like the one they had recently vacated, but with four annoyed looking boys and a calm one. Holly mentally noted the location at the bottom of the screen, and Lara also memorised it, as she had learnt that Holly’s memory was probably not one to be relied on, and the pair snuck back out of the room.

It was Marny that discovered the exit through a lot of winding corridors and silent doors. She had, however, had a rather hairy incident where she was nearly caught after poking her head round the door into what appeared to be a room for the guards to hang out.

When she found the exit, she pressed the transmit button on her earpiece.
“This is Spine Tail to Blackie, Come in Blackie.” She whispered as loud as she dared. After a brief burst of static, Allyssianne answered.
“Spine Tail, this is Blackie.”
“Blackie, I’ve located the grail.”
“Ok, I’m eyeballing Christmas and Mystique right now.”
“What?”
“I can see them!”
“Where did you learn this language?”
“I read too many spy novels, now get a move on!”

Marny and Allyssianne, or Spine Tail and Blackie soon alerted the others to the location of the exit, but some one had obviously been spotted, or some one had noticed their absence because an alarm sounded. Marny was well ahead as she sprinted through the door and out into a compound surrounded by chain link fencing. Allyssianne arrived behind her, closely followed by Holly, Natalie and Lara. They looked wide eyed, panicked and desperate as they ran towards the fence, starting to climb up.

It was painful, agony as they scaled the wire. It cut into their fingers, their shoes being just too wide to get a decent grip between the links. Getting to the top, they had to carefully negotiate the barbed wire, and by this time, there were guards there, shouting at them, and several were sprinting for the only gate. This was a security advantage for them, but this was one of the times it didn’t work, because it was on the other side of the compound. The five girls leapt lightly down from the fence just as they came charging round the corner, but the girls were already running as fast as they could the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:59 pm

Chapter 10

The chase went on throughout empty, cold and dark streets. If they hadn’t been concentrating so hard on outrunning their pursuers, they might have stopped to find out where they were. Allyssianne thought she recognised one of the squares they ran through, but wasn’t about to stop and think about it.

After ducking in and out of side streets, running anywhere that wasn’t large, open or straight for long distances, they managed to escape from the city and the guards, and into a forest nearby.

They collapsed in a panting heap a few kilometres in, their adrenaline rush over. The little band dragged themselves back to their feet and walked slowly away to find a sheltered place to stay. There was snow all around, even in the city, most of it was coated in white. Allyssianne thought back to the square she had seen, and tried to think of where she had seen it before.

The girls took off army style backpacks when they reached a small clearing, thankfully sheltered from the snow. They took out thick grey cloaks, putting them around their shoulders to try and ward off the chill as Natalie gathered the resources to start a fire. Allyssianne, to everyone’s surprise, morphed into a wolf and loped off to hunt some food.

When she got back dragging a small deer with her, the other girls were gathered around the small fire, trying to escape the chill of the rapidly approaching night. While eating the cooked deer, they tried to think of what they were going to do. Allyssianne was silent, still puzzling over the square. The others, however, were throwing ideas around like snowballs to try to create a plan. It wasn’t long before they had an idea of their next course of action.
“We should find the guys that you saw on that screen.” Natalie said, her teeth chattering as she huddled closer to the fire. Holly poked it with her wand to try and get it to produce more heat.
“It would be easier to coordinate that rescue plan if we knew where we were...” Marny pointed out.
“We’re near Moscow.” Allyssianne said, her puzzle finally solved.
“WHAT?!”
Back to top Go down
Pure Insanity
Healer
Healer
Pure Insanity

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:02 pm

"WHAT?!" Hannah exclaimed, like a gazillion miles away from Jenn.

*ahem*
Back to top Go down
Gryffindorgal4hp
Higher magician
Higher magician
Gryffindorgal4hp

Female
Number of posts : 3930
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 9:11 pm

YAY! I love it Jennovia Smile

Keep it up

LucyXX
Back to top Go down
Pure Insanity
Healer
Healer
Pure Insanity

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 9:26 pm

She always calls you Jennovia when we're ... alone together.
Back to top Go down
Gryffindorgal4hp
Higher magician
Higher magician
Gryffindorgal4hp

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 9:29 pm

SHUT UP HANNAH!

This is SPAM!

LucyXX
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 11:39 pm

The girls all looked at each other in shock. The thought of being in Moscow was a bit much. After all, Allyssianne, Lara and Marny had been in France!
“Moscow, you mean we’re in RUSSIA?” Natalie said in disbelief.
“Is there any other?” Allyssianne asked sarcastically. “Look, it’s isolated; those people clearly didn’t want us around. There are piles of snow around even though we’re in the middle of JUNE, and the fact we ran through the Red Square. All of these are a bit of a giveaway.”
“I dunno.” Holly said. “It could be Scotland...” But it was obvious that the sorceress wasn’t joking. Marny and Lara had also been through Russian geography when they did Stalin’s Russia, and it hit them that it had been the Red Square they had run through. Natalie drew a crude map of the world in the dirt, trying to bring everyone’s flagging spirits up.
“Ok, we can go down through Russia, across Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria. Across the water to Turkey, though Syria, Jordan and into Egypt. We know that the boys are being held there, on the outskirts of Cairo.”
“It’s gonna take a while...” Marny mused aloud, “But I think we should go for it.”
“I agree.” The rest of the girls said.

And so the travel began.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 11:39 pm

Allyssianne kept watch that night, while the others slept. Lara woke up at midnight to take over the watch so that the sorceress could get some sleep as well.

Lara was the one to raise the alarm a few hours later. She had heard quiet footsteps. All the girls pulled handguns out of the bags they had, and they loaded the clips of ammunition into them before looking around.

Tension was thick in the air as they were on their guard, waiting for the intruder or attacker to show themselves. Eyes were darting around the clearing as slight, cold breeze ruffled the leaves on the ever green trees, making the girls shift restlessly, fingers on the triggers. The rustling grew louder and louder, until a figure appeared in the gloom. Everyone turned their eyes and their aim towards the figure, who put their hands up.
“Who are you?!” Lara demanded.
“It’s me!” A terrified voice called out. “Illianna!”

Some of the girls lowered their guns in relief, but Marny, Allyssianne and Natalie didn’t. They had no trust in this girl whatsoever. Illianna certainly looked terrified, her eyes red from crying. Lara smiled at the newcomer welcomingly.
“I, how’d you get out?”
“I knocked out the guard and ran for it!” She said tearfully. Allyssianne gritted her teeth. There was an alarm bell in her mind going off, ringing ‘fake! Fake!’. Marny, a skilled actor, also recognised the small signs of acting. Natalie, having seen the blatant betrayal of the one that they thought was their friend, and that they were right to hide the plan from, stared at the girl. There was no way that she was innocent! How could Holly and Lara be stupid enough not to see past her act?
Back to top Go down
Gryffindorgal4hp
Higher magician
Higher magician
Gryffindorgal4hp

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:32 pm

YAY! Natalie has sense in this too Smile

I love it...thanks so much for posting it
Smile

LucyXX
Back to top Go down
Pure Insanity
Healer
Healer
Pure Insanity

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:37 pm

*ahem*

And Holly has none?

*tut* If you weren't so damn good looking, I'd be offended.....

NICE STORY KIDDO!!
Back to top Go down
Alba Linsky
Senator
Alba Linsky

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Location : Sitting on a leather couch in the apartment in my mind... =)
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Attention please, this is an order to Jenni to GET THE REST UP QUICK!!!!!!!!
OMG (add the movements from St Trinians to thise letters), i like the wee comment about the acting there, thankyou very much. This is an amasingly gripping story, get the rest up quck before i have to go and get it personaly!!! lol

Alba xx
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 12:48 am

They were settled around the fire now, three of the girls happily chatting away while the other three sat, silent. Natalie had a tense smile on her face, Marny looked impassive, and Allyssianne looked furious. Illianna looked over at the three, and the smile on her face faded.
“What?” She asked, seemingly worried.
“You don’t belong here with us.” Allyssianne said, getting to her feet.
“Traitor.” Natalie added.
“I’m not a traitor!” Illianna exclaimed.
“I saw you talking about our plans!” Natalie spat.
“Illianna would not hurt us!” Lara said, but Allyssianne and Marny were looking daggers at the unfortunate intruder.
“Don’t let appearances fool you.” Marny growled. “She certainly smells suspicious to me.”
“I agree.” Allyssianne growled.
“Stop it! Stop it the pair of you!” Lara shouted. “This is no time to leave friends behind! She comes, end of story, so curb those tempers of yours!”

Allyssianne and Marny’s faces were full of thunder as Illianna thanked the others profusely. Lara bustled around the camp, finding bedding for their latest companion. Marny used her extensive knowledge of plants to identify the edible ones and set about preparing something to eat. Allyssianne was up a tree, keeping an eye on their surroundings. Holly kept an eye on the fire while Natalie sat next to Allyssianne, trying to accept the new girl.

The three sat apart from the main group to eat, and sat in silence while the other group chatted lightly to Illianna. They slowly drifted off to set up their blankets around the fire to sleep, apart from one. Allyssianne grabbed one of her blankets and strode off into the forest. No one made any of it when Natalie and Marny chose to sleep further away from the group, and they tried to ignore the whispers from around the fire.

Allyssianne returned just as the others were getting ready to start packing to leave, at first light. Everyone apart from Marny and Natalie glared at the sorceress. The sorceress frowned, unsure of what was going on, especially when Holly and Lara restrained Marny while the others, apart from Natalie, closed in on her. The girl tried to kick, punch and bite, but Illianna had been training too long in combat to be outdone. Allyssianne found herself tied to a nearby tree, bruised and confused. Natalie looked troubled, and Marny was furious.
“What. Is going on?” Allyssianne growled in dangerous tones.
“Don’t play the innocent!” Lara spat. “Illianna saw you speaking to some of those guards! You’re spying on us!”
“So we’re going to leave you here while we go on.” Holly added, her usual happy grin replaced with a scowl.

Allyssianne felt like she had been kicked in the stomach as she watched the others pack up and leave. Natalie was the last to turn her back, and she deliberately left behind a hunting knife and a thick cloak. She bit her lip as she looked back once more before running after the others.
Back to top Go down
Pure Insanity
Healer
Healer
Pure Insanity

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 1:16 am

YEAH!

TAKE THAT!

YOU DONT MESS WITH THE HOLLISTER.

Ya....

atch.

Smile

LOL love it
its like, uber awesome

guess who my favourite character is??
Go on, guess!
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 3:20 pm

Allyssianne felt like she had been kicked in the stomach as she watched the others pack up and leave. Natalie was the last to turn her back, and she deliberately left behind a hunting knife and a thick cloak. She bit her lip as she looked back once more before running after the others.

Once she was sure that the others were out of earshot, Allyssianne started to try to break free. Her magic was restricted by a chemical in her necklace which became active when it was in contact with her skin. She grunted, trying to twist free, but the ropes were too strong.

A twig snapped behind her, and Allyssianne froze. She could identify several pairs of feet behind her.
“Just where the girl said she would be.” A deep male voice muttered in Russian. She pretended to be slumped over, and tried desperately to think of a plan. She bit her lip, listening closely.

The men muttered some more before approaching the girl further and untying her hands. She smiled slyly, her plan finished.

((to be edited))
Back to top Go down
Gryffindorgal4hp
Higher magician
Higher magician
Gryffindorgal4hp

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 4:20 pm

SmileSmile GROOVY BABY!

lol

Nice Jenni, real nice.
Love it

LucyXX
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 7:14 pm

The other girls trudged through the sheltered woodland. Silence reigned between them as they thought about the betrayal. The small party had split into two groups: there was Marny’s side, which consisted of Natalie, and there was Illianna’s side, which included Lara and Holly. Natalie and marny trailed along behind Illianna, looking as if they’d rather be anywhere other than with her. They walked steadily onwards, heading for the border between Russia and Ukraine. Marny looked up at the sky to see yellowish, heavy looking clouds drifting above them, and the first few fluffy flakes drifting down. Natalie shivered in the cold, pulling the cloak further around her.

The sky darkened as the day wore on, and they soon started to scout around for a place to set up camp. Holly came across a small wall of stones, left by an old landslide. It created a nice wind barrier, and they soon set to work to prepare for the cold night ahead. Illianna gathered some wood from the dead trees brought down with the rocks, starting a fire. The five girls huddled around it, looking for warmth. The heat was one of the few small luxuaries they could give themselves after a day of trekking through the almost freezing temperatures of Russia, and of course it thawed out their frozen toes. No one spoke for a few moments until Natalie broke the silence.
“We should go back for her.”
“We can’t turn back for a traitor.” Illianna growled.
“Prove that she’s a traitor!” Natalie challenged.
“I saw her talking to the guards and giving them our exact locations and plans!”
“Oh, like you then?!”
“You were mistaken!”
“I don’t need glasses to know that you were the one talking to that head guy!”

The two girls glared at each other, looking ready to rip out the other’s throat. You could almost see the sparks flying until Holly, Lara and Marny stepped in to stop a fight from breaking out. Natalie looked like she was going to burst into tears while Illianna somehow managed to look murderous and calm at the same time. The silence had a violent air to it for a few minutes before Marny spoke.
“I think we should probably split up and each go our own ways.” She said calmly. “Those who want to go back, go back and the others continue on their way.”
“That would be the best idea.” Lara said frostily.

Natalie stood on one end of the wall, while Illianna stood on the other. Marny joined Natalie’s side, while Lara and Holly chose Illianna’s. The rescue party donned their gear to go out into the cold again. At their departure, both sides exchanged heated glares, and the departing group turned their backs, walking out into the snow.
Back to top Go down
Alba Linsky
Senator
Alba Linsky

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 12:35 am

OMG!!! wtf, that's fantastic! love it! lol

Alba xx
Back to top Go down
Pure Insanity
Healer
Healer
Pure Insanity

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 2:48 am

THATS WHAT I SAID!
LIKE OMPW!
*Oh my Pete Wentz*
:L
Continue this soon Jennerd! Hannah likes Very Happy
And yeah, dont mess wit the Hollister. Yeeah.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Marny and Natalie strode through the snow drifts, following their trail back to the clearing they had come from. They didn’t stop that night, they weren’t tired.

Allyssianne froze as she felt her hands being untied. She pretended to be unconscious as she felt them come free, slumping forwards into the snow. Two guards came round, pointing guns at her. Thinking that she was unconscious, one of them slung his gun back over his shoulder before picking her up.

The sorceress opened her eyes a fraction, and saw that the guard’s arm was in a prime position. Her eyes glittered evilly as she bit down hard on the offending limb. The guard let out a yell of pain, dropping Allyssianne as he clutched the bitten arm. She sprung back up to her feet before staggering slightly until they held. She drew the hunting knife that Natalie had left behind, adopting a fight stance. She lunged at one man, swinging the short blade against his chest. She didn’t, however, see the other man grab his gun, load, cock and aim. When she turned round, she realised, and jumped out of the way a split second too late. The shot echoed through the silent trees, and Allyssianne fell to the ground, blood staining the white snow.

Marny and Natalie trudged on through the snow, trying to convince themselves that they were going in the right direction. The previous footprints had been covered up by the newest layer of snow, and all they had to go on was their memory, until a shot rang through the trees.

It sounded distant enough, but the two girls knew that there were no hunters around here. Quickening their pace, they hurried to the origin of the noise.

Allyssianne looked up at the man before she faked death. It wasn’t that hard to be honest. The bullet had embedded itself in her shoulder, and it was painful as hell. Her shoulder felt as if it was on fire, and as if it had just been torn apart. One of the guards knelt down warily and checked for breathing. She listened to them talk in Russian.
“You know we get it in the neck if we bring her back injured.”
“I know, but what else do we do?”
“Say that we fired a warning shot, she got in the way and say that she was killed and that we burnt the body.”
“Ok.”

They turned and walked off, leaving Alyssianne there, bleeding and in pain. She waited until they were out of earshot until rolling back onto her feet with a low moan. The shot to the shoulder wouldn’t be fatal unless it became infected, or didn’t stop bleeding. Thinking that the best course of action was to find the others, she closed her eyes and reached into a more feral part of her mind.

Once she opened her eyes again, she swayed a little for a few steps until she was confident enough on her black wolf paws. Keeping her injured leg off the ground as much as possible, the hunting knife between her teeth, the wolf set of at a steady rhythm, planning to stick to it until her weary limbs couldn’t carry her any more.

Marny and Natalie reached the clearing that Allyssianne had not long vacated. All that remained was the cloak, and a small trail of blood leading away. Marny’s face was set hard in determination as she picked up the cloak, and headed along the trail.

It was by chance that Natalie spotted the black wolf lying in the shelter of a hollow tree trunk. Its fur had frozen into icy spikes, and those stained with blood glittered red. Marny and Natalie lit a fire and lay the wolf beside it. After a few minutes, when its fur had started to thaw, fresh blood started to leak out of the wound again, and she gradually began to move.
“Ally?” Marny asked as her friend morphed back into her human self. “Are you ok?”
“What a stupid question.” Allyssianne mumbled as she gingerly touched the wound on her shoulder. Natalie smiled slightly.
“Never mind Ally, you’re with us now.” She said comfortingly. “We’re resting tonight, and we’ll continue tomorrow. We should go on four feet though, it’ll be faster.”
“No problem.” Marny said, stretching lazily.

The trio slept peacefully through the night, not one stirring. Thankfully, no one came to disturb them. It took some poking as usual to arouse Marny from her sleep before they morphed into their respective animals and loped off. The black wolf, the Manticore and the doe.
Back to top Go down
Alba Linsky
Senator
Alba Linsky

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 11:05 pm

Ooh, this is getting better and better. Carry on! lol

Alba xx
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 8:49 pm

They kept up an easy pace throughout the hours that trickled by, until the limp in Allyssianne’s foreleg became so pronounced for her to continue. As night was falling, they stopped to try to find a place to camp. Marny loped off to and scouted around while Natalie stayed behind with Allyssianne (and also to get a stone out of her hoof).

Marny returned not to long afterwards, having found a sheltered enough clearing to stay. The three girls changed back into very tired humanoids and sat down, revelling in the absence of snow. Natalie lit a fire with some of the wood she had found around the site with a prod of her wand and a few muttered words while Allyssianne created small orbs of magic and stationed them around the perimeter to warn them of any intruders. After a few moments of fine turning them, (they kept going off if an ant went by), the girls all curled up around the fire, and fell asleep.

The days wore on and on in the same rhythm. Rising with the sun, running throughout the day, occasionally stopping to rest, hunt the native deer or to drink from the occasional icy cold stream, going to sleep as the moon rose. After a week of days such as this, Marny was tired to the point of fainting, Allyssianne’s shoulder had stiffened to the point of not being able to move it and Natalie had lost all the spring on her step. They eventually agreed, one week and two days after their escape, to spend a day resting.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Marny hunted that day, bringing back two hardy deer thanks to her hypnotic and hunting skills. Allyssianne roasted them while Natalie determined their direction towards Cairo with a very battered compass that spend its travelling days in her mouth. Allyssianne sat with her back against a tree, massaging her shoulder carefully, having eaten her fill of the deer, and watching the other two finish.

All three of the girls looked a little worse for wear as time wore on. Even though it was barely a week since they had started to travel, it seemed like so much longer. No one managed to stay awake that night, all three slipping into a blissful, peaceful sleep, curled up next to each other by the dancing fire.

A rustling in the bushes gave the three girls a rather rude awakening. Natalie was the first to hear it, and the first to be on her feet with her wand out to fight. The other two were not far behind. They stood with their backs to each other so that no one could attack behind their backs, and they would see all around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A New World
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next