Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Golden Ratio.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Trees stood tall, piercing the skies like soldiers' spears on a day of war. They each trembled with the wind, letting it seep through their leaves as they stood determined to go against it. Boulders dug out of the ground, curving gently one against the other, forming a large heap of stone, which time had melted one against another with rain. Amongst the wounds of whispering and chirping birds, one stood out quite obviously - the sound of heavy panting. This panting led to the form of a young man, standing in the middle of slashes, periods and multiple other scribbles crudely and harshly drawn into the firm ground with the help of the pointy end of a stick. This stick, which he clenched into his hand tightly, had been turned into a worn-out stub, which could only be mistaken for a branch if the observer had very deficient eyes. He stared at the ground, a mad grin stretched across his face, eyes glistening with sly euphoria or just plain insanity. His fingers uncurled from the stick's now bent shaft, letting it fall to the ground with nothing more than a slight crack as it poked the earth.
His dark stare dug into the ground, running along the curves of what he had carved. A succession of numbers and equations, which would be completely incomprehensible if a young one or someone inexperienced set his or her eyes upon it. A giant circle surrounded him and his equations, diameters, chords and sectors with more numbers and digits written meticulously next to them. The man threw his head back as he let out three, four, five bellowing laughs, before cranking his eyes back upon the beauty of what he had created.
"Phi!" he suddenly yelled, grinning madly, "the divine formula! (1+√5)/2! KeheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:33 pm

A brown-haired girl sat quietly up on a tree branch, dozing quietly. Or at least, she was dozing quietly until a man's cry echoed through the mountain's forest. She almost fell from her tree. Unsheathing the claws on her right hand, she buried them in a tree trunk, battling against the fury that threatened to overwhelm her. Other people had a right to be in the mountains, she had to remind herself ferverently. She had to remember that. It took her a few moments to reestablish the calm of her mind before she stood up.

On silent feet, the girl crept towards where the voice had come from. There was a man sitting there. Sitting in the middle of scratchings in the ground. She watched him; half concealed behind a tree. Was he insane? She pulled herself back slightly, hiding herself fully behind the tree. He had to be insane. No one sane could utter a laugh like that.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:44 pm

"It's everywhere, ain't it?!" he bellowed once more, at seemingly nothing. "Everywhere! The ratio of this disk A with the distance between the tree situated at approximately π meters from the furthest point B of A is equal to φ!" He uttered another low cackle, before straightening his back and breathing in deeply. "It's all natural, just like Vinci, Pythagoras, Euclid and all those other zeptomoles we don't even think of, said so! Heheh... What other mysteries do you hide, phi?"
The man grinned as he turned his head, sharp white teeth glistening. "Even in a human body, the ratio between the arm and body is equal to phi in a proportionally correct being. KeheheHAHAHA!! Not only is it natural, but it's the closest to biological and anatomical calculations! Phi is nearly God! Hah!"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:52 pm

The girl squeezed her eyes shut, extending her claws once more into the bark of the tree, her other hand covering one ear in an attempt to block out the sound of the manical laughter. The metallic blades carved large grooves into the wood. She had to run, to get away from the madman. She pulled away from the tree, but the claws were still very much stuck in the trunk. She let out a small cry of exasperation and frustration, trying to tug her hand free. After a few precious seconds' struggle she managed to pull herself free, falling away from the tree.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:00 pm

The man turned sharply to the grunt of noise which shot from behind him, his sly smirk fading away from his face to be replaced with an angered clench of teeth. His hands clenched, he turned fully to the form. "Oi, zeptomole! Get outta your hiding place and stand up!" His feet scratched against the ground as he placed himself heavily against it, sturdy and ready for any hostile action. His eyes couldn't make out the full integrity of the shape - it was much too dark under the trees, and it had moved behind a larger trunk than itself, completely hiding its body and not letting him enough time to catch a good glimpse.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:06 pm

The girl slowly got to her feet, her eyes locked on the man as she moved out from behind the tree. Her mind was already automatically planning possible escape routes. Dark brown hair had fallen over the young girl's face. Her hands were lightly clenched into fists, ready to unsheath her claws and attack if she needed to. She balanced on her toes, ready to run away or leap forwards. Her leather uniform-like outfit was liberally streaked with mud, a couple of leaves stuck in her hair. However, her eyes were narrowed, deeply suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:13 pm

The man's silhouette relaxed, his limbs melting at the sight of the young girl. He scoffed at her, lifting one suspicious eyebrow, wondering why the hell there was such a young girl nearly in the middle of nowhere. "Pfft. A girl. A small, yoctogram of a girl. Seriously. What're you doin' here? Lost your way on the daily hike with your parents, didja?" he spat, shoving his hands into his pockets. "If you're searching for help, you ain't gettin' 'nything from me. Have no phone, and no intention. City's a couple kilometers south, that's all I can tell ya. Get lost."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:24 pm

The girl's heard jerked back as if she had been slapped. The fury washed over her like a tidal wave. Parents. She leapt forwards, moving into a flying kick. She yelled out in anger. A single blade broke through the toe of her boot, aiming for the man's head. She barely felt the pain from it. She never did anymore. Her dark brown eyes no longer saw a man, but a target like the ones she had trained on for so long.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:41 pm

Faviel's eyebrow jolted up as he saw the before seemingly lost girl turn into some savage beast within the matter of seconds. She lunged at him with sharp claws like an evil creature would appear out of some heroic comic book. Faviel stepped to the side, dodging the attack, keeping his eyes on this abnormal girl - first, she wasn't supposed to be able to do acrobatics like that at that age, and second of all, claws aren't supposed to retract and shoot out of a human body like Wolverine. She wasn't human, as he wasn't. Something he already got used to, but something he had longed for before. A cruel smirk flashed across his traits as he contemplated the next attack.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:26 pm

The girl missed as he sidestepped, turning herself round as she landed so she could still face the man. The claw in her foot left a deep grove in the ground until she retracted it. Her dark brown eyes were narrowed in her deep fury. She was about to leap again, but stopped. She dug the claws on both her hands as far into the ground as possible. Her shoulders heaved as she breathed heavily.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:58 am

Faviel's face distorted in incomprehension in front of the little girl, looking down at her scornfully. His glare became much more hateful before he sighed, his face melting into a shape of complete calmness the second after. He scoffed, closing his eyes, lifting one hand to his face, cupping it over his forehead. Low cackles filled the silent air, his hand falling down by his thigh. "Hah!" he let out, "Well, doesn't someone have an anger management problem here, hmhm." Faviel took one step forward, crossing his arms on his chest as he looked down upon the girl's frame from a couple meters' distance. "You're not human, are ya? Can you even talk?"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:23 pm

The girl yelled out in anger, ripping her claws from the earth, leaping forwards, swiping at the man with renewed fury.
"I don't have anger problems!" She shouted each syllable as she attacked the man. It was impossible to tell if the tears streaming from her eyes were of sorrow or rage.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:14 am

Faviel grinned and side-stepped, shuffling his feet away from the 'girl'. He kept his arms crossed as he dodged ever so easily the swipes and cleaves, made erratic with her emotions. "No anger problems?" he called out teasingly, "Dang, that's one zetta lie. Say that with no tears when you mean it, keh. Calm down and take a breather, we can settle this in more peaceful terms, hmhm. I find no need in having to hit a girl your age." A sly smirk crept along the jagged edge of his lips as he stared at the raging creature before him.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:50 pm

The dark haired girl didn't stop trying to attack Flaviel until she slashed at a tree, the two blades becoming lodged in the wood. For a moment, she struggled furiously to pull them out again, but stopped, breathing in gasping sobs. It took her a further few minutes before she had calmed down enough for rational thought. The claws disappeared back into her hands. She stood, her back to the man, taking back control of herself.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:14 am

"Finally, let me have a breather," Faviel smirked, arching one sly eyebrow at the girl, "by the looks of it, you should take one too." Faviel crossed his arms, looking down at her superiorly. Thoughts raced within his mind, calculating, devising, plotting. "I don't think you have anywhere to live or to sleep. It's quite obvious that... You don't. You'd rip your parents' throats out. Or your creator's. Whatevs!" He cackled lowly, either at the girl or at her mind. Taking one confident step forward, he advanced her shape quietly. " 'Nyways, ya ruined my little scribbles on the ground. Number of f**** I give - inferior to one. Nah, the big deal is that I normally get out here for the freaking peace and quiet, and ya havta trash it all. So, the peaceful terms I was previously proposing is that you run along and don't mess with the big boys' toys." With that, Faviel turned around and began to simple walk away, silently humming a complex tune.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:37 pm

The girl turned to face the departing man. For a moment, she seemed about to attack again, but struggled to get a hold of herself. No, I can't get angry again. They'll find me if I get angry again. Her eyes were still furious, but her voice showed only the slightest hint of irritation.
« You trespassed on my territory. » She said, her stance still on the offensive side. « You have no excuse to blame me for your drawings. I don't care. »
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:43 pm

The man scoffed, stopping his pace, before turning on his heels in one gracious motion to face the girl. "We have a bit of an identity problem with a beast now, eh?.. Doesn't surprise me. As a matter of fact, I wondered why it smelled like piss over here. Guess I have the answer now, keh," he mocked, lifting one eyebrow. "What else do you do? Tricks? Roll over for me and I might give ya a biscuit."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:12 pm

The girl's lip curled back yslightly in a snarl, but she soon wiped the look off her face. She copied his tone and expression, folding her arms.
"I don't have an identity problem. I have a problem with people coming into my home! I live here!" Her eyes flashed dangerously in the daylight. "As for what else I do, I do nothing on command!"
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:19 pm

"Feynman rationality!" He shouted, slapping a hand heavily on his forehead, rolling his eyes at the girl. "Wolf-girl speaks with fellow wolves. How could I have not seen that before you most obviously pointed it out?!" Faviel groaned, sighing out of exasperation. He then grinned madly, all mark of anger leaving his face. "Keh. Is this a funny day or what. I meet a beast that looks as if it came straight out of Marvel comics, and she's threatening me with low-efficiency retractable studs in order for me to get out of her so-called domain. Pinch me, I beg ya."
Back to top Go down
The Last Prophet
Hunter
Hunter
The Last Prophet

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-11-10

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:43 pm

The Last Prophet stumbles up behind the Man, and places a hand on his shoulder.

"Calm down, man. This isn't a concern. You have other concers. We all, have concerns. But not the concern we should be concerned about. These mountains are just the idealistic interpretation of the space that can be inhibited, that WILL be inhibited, unless we learn to fight. You dig it? We gotta' reach out not physically, or metaphysically, but on a level we don't even KNOW, man! You got that?"

The Last Prophet steps back, and looks at the ground. Not so much in deep thought, but more in the same way a restrained child watches a bug.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:51 pm

The brown haired girl looked at the newcomer with a somewhat stunned look before wiping it quickly off her face, returning to her usual look of a light scowl. She folded her arms, looking away from the two men, not happy about the invasion of 'her' space.
Back to top Go down
The Last Prophet
Hunter
Hunter
The Last Prophet

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-11-10

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:18 am

The Last Prophet does a short breathing exercise, and turns towards what he can only assume is a hippy in the hills.

"Hey man, don't even worry. There'll be peace. Not the peace you want, and a peace that will have to end. But there will be peace."

And the Last Prophet wanders off, humming quietly and tapping on his bucket.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Faviel frowns angrily, as if he had been touched by something impalpable. He turned around and only caught a glimpse of what seemed to be a passer-by, but he knew that he had spoken just before. He came and went before him. Faviel groaned. The heck was that guy yackin' 'bout?... The blond man rolled his eyes in a peeved manner, turning back to the girl, who had also decided to just look away and seem to stop arguing. Faviel's excitement suddenly dived down into the ground, collapsing in a heap of hope. He growled again, his hands clenching into fists. "Oi! Tarzanne! Rhetoric's not over yet!" he yelled, eyes piercing.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:43 pm

The girl slowly turned her head to look at Flaviel, seemingly unfazed. She took a few steps towards him until they were only separated by a few metres of dusty dirt.
"What do you want?" She growled. A soft breeze ruffled her hair slightly, brushing it off her torn leather uniform. Something glinted around her wrist, a metal chain with a military style dogtag on it.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:53 am

"Keh." Faviel scoffed, standing up straight and placing his hands on his hips, eyes creased in a hostile frown directed at wolf-girl. His lips turned into an upright vile grin and his eyes widened as he began to laugh again. "Dude! I should be the one asking that, hah!" Faviel placed his hand against his forehead, cackling lowly. "Is it just me, or you really don't care anymore of your... Residential place? Even those words, considering the situation, cracks me up, hahahah..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Golden Ratio. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Ratio.   The Golden Ratio. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Golden Ratio.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Creatures RP :: Role Play :: Mountains-
Jump to: