Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Loss of two lives - Open

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Loss of two lives - Open Empty
PostSubject: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:46 pm

(( Twilight and Eclipse will die in this thread, just a heads up ))

Two girls ran into the forest surrounding the little house their clan lived in. They were identical, save for the length of their hair. One's was cut in a short bob, the other's waist length and held in a tight plait.
"Tag!" Yelled the short-haired girl, whacking her twin on the shoulder and darting off into the undergrowth, emerging as a raven.
"No fair, Eclipse!" The other yelled, morphing into a fawn and bounding dantily after the bird.

That was four hours earlier. The two girls sat in adjacent cells, their backs to the walls. Had the thick, concrete wall not been there, they would have been back to back. The long-haired girl, Twilight, had red-rimmed eyes, bright from crying. Eclipse was sitting silently, biding her time, waiting. They may have confiscated every single blade she had on her, but that didn't mean that she didn't have other tricks up her sleeve. No one lived with Archangel and Neku without learning a thing or two.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:57 pm

-Is this close to 'What Just Happened' timeline? In that case, Lear's 14...-

Not far from there, another being was pacing in circles inside their cell. A white feather stuck on a tight bandanna swerved as the girl sharply turned around. Her swamp green eyes darted around the room once again, attempting to find something, in vain. The girl flailed her arms, shouting a curse word. She stomped once on the ground, crouching and lifting her hand to her head, muttering insults under her breath.
On the other hand, her shadow stretched from her feet to against the wall. A shape leaned against the white surface, tilting its head on its hand. It stared at Lear with wide, non-existent eyes. Lear quickly turned her head to the shadow.
"I'm just angered, okay?!" she hissed.
Lear stood up, putting her hands on her hips. She then sighed heavily, bending over slightly. "I know... I just don't know what to do now..." Lear turned her head to Umbre. "It's my fault that we're here... I'm sorry, Umbre."
The girl walked over to her brother, sitting against the wall as well. "Yes, I know... You were right... But we needed those plants to make the scarring potion." Lear lifted a hand to her shoulder, where a large white piece of cloth had been tightened. Dried red stains dirtied the fabric. "Yes, kinda..." Lear murmured. "Don't worry, it's not bleeding any more..." Lear fell silent for a few seconds, and then rested on the ground, closing her eyes. The shadow on the wall lifted one hand and curled it around Lear's shoulder. She flinched, tensing her own hand on the wound. "Don't touch it, please. It stings..."
Lear sighed, before looking up at the shadow on the wall. "You're right. We will find a way out of this place."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Twilight pricked up an ear. She had heard a voice in the next cell. She scrambled to her feet. The chain attatched to a band of silver around her wrist yanked tight.
"Hello? Is there someone there?" She yelled in desperation. A guard smalled the butt of his rifle against the reinforced glass front of the cell.
"Shut it demon," He growled. Twilight shrunk back.

Eclipse was sitting quietly, her eyes closed, contemplating ways to get out. The silver band around her wrist blocked most of the options, and they had taken her communication pendant when they had arrived. She had no idea how they knew so much about their clan.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:42 pm

Lear heard a muffled sound come from the other side of the wall. She frowned. I must be dreaming... These cells aren't soundproof? She glanced at the door, checking that the guard had his back turned to her. She put an ear up to the wall.
"Hello?" she asked, "Hey! You hear me?!"
Umbre prodded her shoulder, and Lear turned around. "Umbre, they're people! And these walls are extra thick, it's not as if they can do anything to us." Lear turned back to the wall. "I'm not asking you to trust, Umbre, I'm just asking you to hope. Now please be quiet."
Lear flattened herself against the wall. "Are you still there?"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:45 pm

Twilight's sensitive hearing picked up an answer from the next cell.
"I'm here! I can hear you!" She almost yelled. There was hope after all. They weren't alone there. She got as close to the wall as the chain would let her, praying to hear an answer. Even after a few hours, she could feel the death that the complex held, and it was unsettling her. She pulled hard on the chain again, but in vain. It wouldn't move while she was weakened.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 pm

"You're a captive, just like us, right?" Lear spoke, as loud as she dared, "Do you know where we are, and what they're going to do with us? I'm not comfortable speaking to you like this... It's probable that they have mikes in these rooms, and they could be recording what we're saying. So do not speak of any information they could use against you, all right?" Lear gulped. She was dead scared, and she was trying to sound relaxed. "I'm going to get it straight to you," she murmured, "I'm not comfortable at all here. I've never been in a place like this. And I saw many other strange people around... Who are they?"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:54 pm

Twilight managed to calm herself down enough to look at the situation face on.
"We're being held by some sort of military scientist guys, I think. That's what my clan says they are. They call them the 'Milita'." Twilight had to take a deep breath. It was obvious that the girl on the other side had no idea of what was going on, or even what happened there. That left it to the part demon to breath the news to her.
"They experiment on us, non-humans. They've had people from my clan before, that's how they know how to keep us from busting out of here or we would have been long gone. I'm sorry, whoever you are, but I don't think there's an escape from this place that doesn't involve going out horizontally in a body bag..."
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 pm

Lear's heart began to beat faster under her ribs. Death? Was that the only escape? "Wait, no," Lear muttered, "no, no. You must be mistaken. I can't finish like this. My brother's counting on me, and I swore I would bring him back." Lear placed her hands on the wall, trying to calm herself. "I will not die here." Lear thought for a few seconds, before turning to the guard. "... Wait a minute."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:04 pm

"I'm sorry," Twilight said in a tearful voice. "My clan only survived to tell the tale because of outside help and being able to communicate. Eek and I can't do anything like that..."

The guard outside the cells had stopped listening to the two girls. He had heard it all before and it got quite boring after a while. In any case, he knew that everything was being recorded and the girls could be dealt with quite easily within the confines of the complex.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Lear nodded quietly to herself, standing up from the wall and mentally speaking to her brother. He disappeared as a small dot just under Lear's image. She walked up to the door, looking out of the window. "Hey, hey mister?" she asked, trying to get the guard's attention, "Sir?" The guard turned to meet Lear, glaring down at her. "Is it just me or..." Lear began. A small silence then followed. The guard roared at her. "Shut it, twerp!" before he turned around.
A small smirk crawled on Lear's face. So, two things verified... Umbre's able to go under those doors, and he's able to make them hear things at contact of their own shadow. Lucky me.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:57 pm

A near silent shot slid through the air, taking out the guard with no more sound than a muffled grunt. A head popped out of the ventilation, looking around before a skinny teenager dropped down. She flicked her black hair over one shoulder. THe human girl smiled slightly.
"Auntie Fawn!" Twilight said joyously.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Lear flinched as she saw the guard fall to the ground, shot. She gulped, turning away and cupping one hand over her mouth. As well as she had seen people die in her life, she could not bear the sight of it. She gulped down her nausea, trying to stabilize herself. "It's okay, Umbre, I'll be fine..." she whispered, turning back to the door. Who shot that?, she asked herself, frowning slightly. She padded over to the door, lifting her hand as to knock on the door. She then immediately stopped herself. Wait, no, this is just too easy... She told herself, taking a step back. "Umbre, go under to the other's room, and tell me what you see. I know you'll only be able to speak to me, and I won't be able to reply, but nothing can happen to you." Lear crouched to the ground, staring at the shadow, and smiling slightly, kissing it on the forehead. "C'mon, go. I need your help right now."
The shadow swirled and slicked under the door, flattening itself discreetly against the wall outside. It then sneaked under the door he thought to be the girls', and appeared on the wall there.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Kia made short work of the girls' doors, quickly unchaining the pair. Eclipse rubbed her wrist, trying to sooth the burn sores.
"Why are you here Fawn?" She asked the older girl. Kia turned around to face Eclipse and winked.
"I keep my ear to the ground. I've gone freelance now, mercenary. It's easy enough to find information when you know where to look."
"There's another girl here, can you get her out?" Twilight asked rapidly. Kia looked at the girl with a serious expression.
"I can't get everyone out..."
"I know, just her, please!"
"Lead me to her then..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loss of two lives - Open   Loss of two lives - Open Empty

Back to top Go down

Loss of two lives - Open
Page 1 of 1