Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What just happened? -Open-

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male
Number of posts : 3324
Registration date : 2009-02-02

What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Bart glanced behind, his purple fur swerving as he swiftly turned around to meet Ilrune in the eye. Bart slipped his arms to put them at his sides, before tilting his head questioningly at the demon. His foot began tapping on the ground as his tail flicked nervously sideways at the wind.
"You wanted to talk to me, I believe," Bart murmured.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Ilrune said nothing for a moment, studying the Kraferr.
"I was curious," He said after a few minutes. "I didn't know that another unborn part demon other than myself existed, let alone that he was also close to Shadow." The few crystals that had been hovering around him drifted into his hand and vanished.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:04 pm

"Let's just say that Shadow and I got shipped to Hell a little just after we met," Bart replied slowly, looking up at the demon, "long story short, she was fatally wounded, I was fatally wounded, and there was only a little pharmacist around the corner. I managed to stitch up her wounds - crudely, yes - and after that I fell unconscious from loss of blood. The only way she could've revived me after that was to inject her demonic blood into my body. After that, I became what you call an 'unborn part demon'. After that, I lived with it, and here I am now."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 pm

Ilrune looked a little taken aback by the Kraferr's manner. He frowned a little, tilting his head to one side for a moment before hiding his emotions again.
"I see," He replied. "You and I are alike in that sense. Neither of us are completely what we appear to be."
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:11 pm

"Mh," Bart answered quickly, frowning. He scanned Ilrune with a glance, before lifting his eyes to the demon once more. "Although you do seem like a half demon just like Shadow Roth. What are you, if I may so blandly ask?" Bart questioned the man, lifting one eyebrow intrigued.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:17 pm

"I am a part demon, although an unusual sort, just like youself," Ilrune said, smiling a little, a superior kind of smile. "I was already a hybrid when my blood turned, a cross between Synari and Careen. An unfortunate incident lead to my transfer to Earth. However, I met Shadow at the Academy, and she helped me to return to my home. She also gave me a vial of blood, and told me to use it, should I be about to die, and all I wished was to live on. During a battle, I used it. I became a hybrid between three species, as well as being a very unusual strain of demon."
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:22 pm

"Interesting enough," Bart replied, looking to the ground before turning around on his heels, "Although... There must be something else why you wanted to see me," Bart continued, lifting his head to the sky, "you knew that I was different the moment you saw me transforming back to a human. And I really don't think you're the 'curiosity killed the cat' kind of guy." Bart turned his head sideways, glancing at Ilrune. "There something else you wish to tell me?"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Ilrune gazed levelly at Bart for a few moments before he spoke.
"I noted your reaction towards Shadow. Both the annoyance at her keeping information from you and the fact that you came to her aid when she arrived in this dimension and offered her shelter. I wished to know the extent of your feelings towards her."
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Bart stood silent, before completely turning around to meet the demon in the eyes. The purple fur faded away from Bart's skin, his eyes merged back into one, his tail slipped back into his spine and his black claws retracted into his fingers. He took two steps towards Ilrune, nearly defiant.
"I'm going to be honest with you," he murmured, the normal harshness of his voice having seeped away, "Shadow, for as long as I can remember since meeting her, has been a friend. She has helped me greatly in my training and in my path. I'm just repaying the debt. The only reason why I was angered when she didn't tell the truth is that I like to know things, and when I don't, I tend to try and find them out myself."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Ilrune nodded once.
"Good, then I have no need to tell you to keep your abnormal claws off her then." He said in a final tone of voice. His pale hair glistened a little in the low light as he looked down at the Kraferr.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Bart sneered sinistrally back at the demon, the red eyes starting to form again on his face. The violet hair grew back on his skin, and the tail coiled past the bottom of the shirt. Bart approached Ilrune, slowly, steadily, the claws appearing from his mere nails.
Bart lifted one hand defiantly. "Oh, you mean these?" he teasingly mocked. He waved them slyly at Ilrune. "You've got to be kidding me," Bart muttered, before cackling, "Jealousy. It'll lead you to your own death, as it has led many others. Ilrune, out of all people, I thought of you to be the last one to speak of such unwise words."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Ilrune looked at the kraferr with one eyebrow raised. He wasn't afraid of the other hybrid. He had knowledge of his powers that Bart hadn't covered with Shadow. He knew his type of demon, and that was enough to give him an edge. However, he was slightly more worried about the claws possessed by his rival. Shadow had told him that they were as sharp as Arias' voice, which was no mere feat.
He raised one hand, curling it into a fist. With a little concentration, the soon-to-be-prince used his magic. A staff grew out from either side of his fist. Hardened crystal, clear but shot with streams of red and dusky orange. He smirked slightly at the Kraferr.
"I will be taking her away with me tonight. I will find somewhere to keep her safe. And you will no longer be a threat to the future she has dreamt of," Ilrune growled, his eyes starting to glow a dark blue.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:21 pm

"A threat!" Bart mused aloud arrogantly back at the man, taking another step, as if not noticing the change of color in the man's eyes and the weapon which formed in his hand. "A mere threat?! Please don't underestimate me," Bart muttered, "I'm either an ally or your worst nightmare. I'll leave that up for you to choose," he murmured quietly and angrily under his breath, a low growl erupting past his lips. His heartbeat seemed to grow in sound, like a thudding noise, something hitting the wall of his chest to get out. It then sank, and Bart curled his back, lifting his head to keep watching Ilrune with a sinister eye. A cold sneer revealed the abnormally white, glistening teeth which adorned his mouth. It curved the edges of his lips into dark crooked angles. Fringes of hair, straightened by magic, fell over his eyes but did not seem to block the intense bloodlike aura which emanated from them. "You really, really need to watch your mouth, pal. There are a few words which seem to slip past the lips of yours."

If you moved a little onwards, you would appear in the kitchen of the flat. Dominique was delicately washing the stains off the dishes, sighing heavily. She scraped with the backside of the sponge, before plunging the dish into the water. As she went to grab another one, her eyes widened. She slammed her hand onto the sink as she started to breathe heavily. She slipped, and fell down to the ground, holding the place of her heart on her chest with hooked fingers. Quick breaths escaped her mouths whilst beads of sweat accumulated on her temples.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Ilrune's eyes elongated, stretching to cover his temples, glowing a dark blue hue. He crouched into a defensive position, his staff held at the ready. White teeth were bared in a snarl, a battle ready grin.

Shadow looked up as she heard Dominique gasp. The princess got to her feet, hurrying over to her friend.
"What's wrong Dominique?" She asked, concerned.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:02 pm

Bart's heartbeat slowly started beating again, giving some sort of rhythmic beat to the atmosphere. A deaf thudding which could be heard from his inside, as he slowly took steps closer to Ilrune, who took his position. The heart faded away again, the sneer growing on Bart's lips as his eyes gleamed in anger. "C'mon. Ya ain't attackin'? What's the matter, Ilrune?!" His voice was high and ripping, faded away with echoes below octaves never thought of. Bart stopped, stomping once on his foot. Dark magic soared next to him as his eyebrows clenched into a frown. "Get up!" he yelled, the voice booming like thunder.

Dominique grappled her chest, closing her eyes tight. She gasped as she felt Shadow's hands on her, and she whimpered quietly. She opened her mouth to let out a painful moan, and she tried to gulp down the flaming sensation which smothered her thoughts.
"Shadow..." she spoke quietly, through deep breaths, "There's... Something wrong with him... Not right... Help me... Up... To my feet..."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:10 pm

Shadow's eyes widened. She pulled Dominique to her feet, pulling her arm around her shoulders. She started to run up the stairs, fearing for Bart's safety.

Ilrune made no move. There was still a part of his human side battling with the demon. Ilrune's iron morals about bloodshed were interfering with what his demon side was urging him to do.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Bart halted in his steps, lifting one finger. The sneer curled his lip dangerously, which seemed to be turning to a dead purple as he stood longer in his demonic form. His teeth glinted as his sneer opened. Bat flicked his finger, sending a bolt of dark magic at the door. It swerved around the doorknob, forming a lock-like shape. It shut close, and fluttered with the electric magic inside it. "You ain't comin', pretties," he cackled, "this is a job between the two of us. Nobody enters. Nobody escapes." He grinned evilly back at Ilrune, letting out a mocking laugh at him.

Dominique stepped as quick as she could, more pulled by Shadow than carried by her. She was gasping, one hand still on her heart. Her hand clenched and she let out a hurting mumble past her lips. Her nails started digging into her clothing as she pressed onwards with Shadow.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 pm

Shadow reached the door, gently propping Dominique against the wall before trying to open the door. She growled, slamming her shoulder against it wen it wouldn't open.
"Curse this human body!" She snarled at herself, trying to break down the door.

Ilrune jumped, somersaulting backwards and landing a few metres away, landing in a crouched position, his staff still at the ready. He was still grinning in a slightly unnerving way.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Bart grinned, taking a few more steps closer to Ilrune. Each step left a footprint of dark magic behind, sizzling and burning the rooftop surface. He continued towards Ilrune, his shadow spreading like a lurking wave of water. It spread out fully around Bart, and it only made his sneer become much more fearsome. It engulfed the building, the streets and the stars, letting no light shine anywhere. "Hush," murmured he, lowering his head, "we're going to take this to a more... Useful area."
The shadows crept back into Bart's body, discovering two golden-blue suns in a sky, purpling with their set. Bart and Ilrune landed on a platform of red stone, surrounded by gaping darkness. There were a few large boulders sticking out, having bronzed with the sun's rays and heat. Bart snickered delightfully. "I've already seen this place before," he muttered, lifting his head, showing big, glaring red eyes, "yes... I remember it perfectly..." The kraferr threw his head back as he laughed loudly. "Nowhere to run, Ilrune!" he shrieked, "perishing is around the corner! Go straight forwards, and march to Hell!"

Dominique weakly lifted one hand as she suddenly felt her energy fleeting back into her. She pointed two fingers at the door, right where the lock should be. Under her breath, she murmured the kraferric words which had always helped her in these kinds of situations. "Arthros," she whispered. A loud slamming noise was heard, then a sound as if aluminum paper was being crumpled. She then stretched her hand and pushed forwards. The door creaked open, and Dominique slowly walked onto the rooftop.
The moonlight shone on two traces of darkness, where electricity crackled delectably on the rooftop. Dominique lifted her hand to her head, her fingers curled. Her breathing went back to normal, but then the shakiness started to emerge. She tried taking deep breaths, in vain, being replaced by quick gasps. "No..." was all she could push past her lips.
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Shadow had rushed through the door, pulling out the dagger from under her sleeve. Seeing no one there, she yelled out in frustration. She couldn't do anything. She couldn't follow them. She couldn't save Bart or Ilrune.

Ilrune didn't react to the teleportation. Shadow had often taken him places while training him. He faced Bart, waiting for the Kraferr to make the first move. His dark, glowing eyes were narrowed, not bothering to plan a strategy. He didn't know the species well enough.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Bart stepped forwards, then stopped, grinning. "Looks like you really ain't gonna take the first action," he muttered, smiling evilly, "y'know, I haven't got all day with you. Looks like I just have to be the one to attack first." The kraferr's foot scraped the ground as Bart took position. A shadowy aura started flowing through his body, dispersing into the air through sparks of lightning which coiled on themselves, shriveling before disappearing. Bart took one step, applied weight to it, and then pushed violently. He sent himself through the air, deathly claws pointed forwards and over his face. One leg curled up to his stomach, the other horizontal. The kraferr left a trail of black electricity as he dashed towards Ilrune, aiming for the head.

Dominique fell to her knees, her heart pounding against her chest. She started to breathe heavily again, her hand crisping. She muttered kraferric curse words under her breath, lowering her head before she shakily stood up, nearly falling over again. "Even from where he is..." she murmured, "I feel him... The blade... Shadow... He's going to lose control like he did... Years ago... Stop him..."
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Ilrune ducked to the side, mentally sharpening one end of his staff and bringing it round in an arc, aiming to hit Bart. The dead air parted readily before the crystal staff, which left minute crystals hanging in the air.

"I'm human, Dominique! Human!" Shadow half yelled in frustration. "There is nothing I can do! I can't teleport! I can't mind link! I can't do anything!" The princess was pacing in short lines, running a hand through her hair, furious at herself.
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:51 pm

The demonic kraferr tensed and threw his arm sideways, scraping the ground with the back of his hand. He twirled in the air, black sparks shooting out of him. He dangerously approach Ilrune at top speed. Barely before hitting the point of the arc, Bart slammed his hand once again on the ground, black magic holding it there. He swung his foot sideways and low, bringing it to Ilrune's legs.

Dominique flattened her hand on her eyes, wiping them. She stuttered slightly. "Then have we no other fate than just hope?!" she shouted, scared for both destinies of the faraway warriors. "I've already seen Bart like this. He doesn't stop. I can't bear to think of the last time he was like this. I don't know why it came back! It wasn't supposed to!"
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 am

Bart's foot swept Ilrune's legs out from under him, but he jammed his staff against the ground, striking sparks from the rock. Shards of crystal buried themselves into his hands, but they melted into his skin, leaving only slight traces of blood to mark their presence. He used the staff like a pole vaulting pole, vaulting himself over, and away from another strike from Bart.

Shadow tried to rein in her emotions.
"Every part demon has this problem. Something must have really angered him. Our other side uses fury, the strongest negative emotion, as an anchor to take over the part-demon's body. That's what must have happened to Bart. It is always just around the corner for our kind." Shadow was still pacing, trying to think of a solution. She had rarely felt this helpless, but there had always been someone there to help. Then something dawned on her.
"Dominique, how did you know that there was something wrong with Bart?"
Back to top Go down
Pi-Face
High Priest
Pi-Face

Male

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:32 am

Bart snarled, swerving his leg over his head and spinning on the hand he used to keep to the ground. He slammed the second hand onto the ground, twisting himself over and delivering another strong kick at Ilrune. Dust and pebbles were blown away by the force of his movements, and such a deathly dance he performed could've only been shown after long times of experience. Bart's heart was still pulsing within his chest, making no sound at all.

Dominique had to take a few quick breaths in order to lift her head and speak. Her eyes quivered as the words came out of her twitching lips. "Bart..." she murmured, "the first time I saw him in this state... Years ago... I made him swear to not ever let things get a hold of him like that ever again. Just to make sure nothing happens, I used a mix of Anthi, message or feeling magic, and Agoros, state-changing magic, to be able to sense when something is happening. The feeling should not go above the scratch of a hot iron needle," she quietly gasped, lowering her head, "no, this is far worse. This is a blade shoved inside my heart that I'm feeling. It's becoming him, Shadow. "Dominique lifted her head quickly, fringes of brown hair straying on her face. "That time when he took you and me somewhere else... That was a time where it had already taken over. It only gets worse with time..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What just happened? -Open-   What just happened? -Open- - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What just happened? -Open-
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next