Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Movies

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Toryn
Senator

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Wha?
The whole forest stuff was all freaking 3-D. And stunningly good at that.
Plus, the fact that it was in 3-D in the first place pulls you into every shot that much more.

Senator

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:28 pm

3D, as in coming out at you...recquiring the glasses...

Senator

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:48 am

Gabriel wrote:
3D, as in coming out at you...recquiring the glasses...

Erm. All 3-D requires glasses. (Unless it's real of course :/ )

I think I see what you mean though, they're was on part where there is either a spear, or an arrow, or something, that is pointing directly at your face. That was awesome.

Hunter
Hunter

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:22 am

I blush as I have seen Avatar at the movies 5 times. Both 3D, normal and twice at IMAX.
But I think my favourite movies have to be:
Grease
Stardust
Peter Pan (both the animated version and the 2003 one).
Yeah, I am obsessed with Peter Pan. That's just me XD
Back to top Go down
whilaroo
High Priest

Male
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:24 pm

I think I like you... Wait! Not that way! No, I'm kidding... But your taste in movies in not dissimilar to my own...

Stardust is one of the best films I have ever seen... Pulls off a happy ending the right way...

Grease... Well... I have seen that film more times than I could ever ask for, but it does have that quality to it...

Peter Pan, yes... I did like those... But it has been a while...

Avatar... Shockingly beautiful, with an enjoyable, if simplistic, plot...

Tell me, have you ever seen Coraline? Just curious, or a slightly more obscure film titled Serenity...?
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Tracker
Tracker

Female
Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Heheh.. Avatar totally deserves being watched 5 times.. I myself watched it three times..

And, ooh.. The rest is also nice.. (I used to be obsessed with Peter Pan o_o , before Alice in Wonderland) Though I still have to see Coraline. Some friends said a while ago that it actually was rather scary..

I've been to The Wolfman, Sunday, I think it was.. Nice movie, with two of my absolutely favorite actors; Hugo Weaving and Anthony Hopkins.. And I saw partly the trailer of a movie about an angel war (little technical difficulties in the beginning during the trailers) on earth or something? My attack on Google did not really cause many revelations, to be honest.. I wonder if someone could tell me more about it..
Back to top Go down
VK
Hunter
Hunter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:30 am

Nyx wrote:

And, ooh.. The rest is also nice.. (I used to be obsessed with Peter Pan o_o , before Alice in Wonderland) Though I still have to see Coraline. Some friends said a while ago that it actually was rather scary..

I got Coraline for Christmas, and I was like 'oh yeah, just another kid's movie I might like to watch'. Oh yeah. I got scared outta my wits. (This is comin from the gal who watched every single episode of Trueblood AND all the Friday the thirteenth movies).
Half way through it starts to get REALLY creepy. Just a pre-warning, if you were planning to see it ^^
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Tracker
Tracker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:17 am

Oh dear.. I'm definitely going to see that movie. I like creepiness.. Mostly ;P But, I got this annoying trait that I often get a laughing fit during a supposedly "seriously bloody, scary and gore scene" because it, at times, appears to be so incredibly ridiculous. Hehe.. And I talk, when watching one.. Too much.. However, 'Trueblood'? Never heard of it. Sounds interesting though..

Ah, and that angel war thing movie I previously wrote about; I watched it online this night.

It sucked.. Royally... No, but I liked the wings. That was about it.
Back to top Go down
VK
Hunter
Hunter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:32 am

Trueblood is a HBO series about vampires that played on pay TV a while back. It has all the inappropriate-ness that I have expected to come with vampire movies and shows. It is also a book by Charlaine Harris too but the series is WAY different than the book. There are also werewolves as well, or as some like to call him, the 'were-dog'. He's a bit of a softie ^^ But, in my country they are rated R so that might put you off them, but i honestly enjoyed watching them so if you can handle Texan accents and a lot of ahem... scenes then I recommend it ^^
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Tracker
Tracker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:08 am

Help.. I watched some of it online.. It is, err, interesting. But a bit, can't really place it, it is my thing, seeing as I like vampires and such, nonetheless, there is something in that series that I resent. Kind of got surprised in the scene where that guy thought he had killed that girl while they were doing things ;] And that video he watched. Hmm.. Ah well.. You were so right about the Texan accents, 'twas horrible. It's funny, because here most people I know think that more or less all Americans talk like that. So it seemed kind of really stereotyped xD Still, I didn't really find it that disgusting. Yet, that is. Or perhaps the gore and such only appear later?
Back to top Go down
VK
Hunter
Hunter

Female

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:25 am

Well, it can be gore-y sometimes. There is 3 seasons I think? It just depends on what you watch. I alas haven't watched all of it. I have just been too busy XD

Oh, and 'The Legend of the Seeker' is an awesome show too. But he reminds me too much of Orlando Bloom so I get sidetracked and miss the plot *blushes*. But I do like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies   

Back to top Go down

Movies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2