Mystic Creatures RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all mystical creatures! Who dares to walk among the humans? Or who hides in the forests and lakes of this site? We shall find out...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Son Of Potter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gryffindorgal4hp
Higher magician
Higher magician
Gryffindorgal4hp

Female
Number of posts : 3930
Registration date : 2008-08-01

The Son Of Potter Empty
PostSubject: The Son Of Potter   The Son Of Potter EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 8:46 pm

Ok, I wrote this fanfic a while ago on another site, so here it is, and I am going to continued with it on here.

Chapter one
Goodbyes

Albus Potter watched out the window of the Hogwarts Express at his father as the train pulled away from the station. It was moving slowly and it seemed as though his mother and father, his aunt and his uncle were growing smaller when actually they were drawing farther apart as the train quickened. Soon they were a blob, then a speck and then they vanished from sight, and at that moment, Albus was filled with a mix of strong emotions; sadness and dread were mingled with excitement and happiness.
"Al," said a quiet voice from behind Albus, "shall we find a compartment?" This voice belonged to his cousin and best friend Rose Weasley. Like him, she was also 11 years old and her face was flushed with excitement.
"Yeah, ok," said Albus with a grin and together they walked down the trains narrow corridor, Albus with his trunk and snowy owl, Fletcher, and Rose with her trunk and owl, Poppy. It was quite crowded, so it took them a while to find an empty compartment and by the time they got there, Rose was as red as a beatroot and Albus' glasses had been knocked ascew. They clambered into the deserted compartment and put their trunks and cages on the seats and sat down beside them.
" I'm looking forward to this Al, aren't you?" said Rose.
" Oh yes," said Albus, "I've been looking forward to this ever since James got his letter."
James Potter was Albus' 12 year old brother. He wasn't with the two in the compartment as he didn't want to be seen with the 'younger generation' , however Albus expected he would drop in to see them later as his mother had warned him to check up on his little brother, 'Or else'.
"Oooh, by the way, look at the wand I got," exclaimed Rose excitedly as she rummaged in her now open trunk. She pulled out a long slender box ,"Vine-wood and Dragon Heartstring, twelve and three quarter inches, cool isn't it, it was mummy's old wand, she took great care of it so it's just like new."
Albus, who was now looking in his own trunk, pulled out a similar slender box and opened it, it contained the wand he had bought at Diagon Alley that very day, "Mines holly and phoenix feather, just like Dad's," he said, examining it.
"Oh, and look what mummy taught me how to do. " she again rummaged in her truck and extracted a quill, which she set down on the bench in front of her and held her wand over it. She gave her wand a swish and a flick and as she did so she said the words "Winggardium Leviosa." The quill gave a little twitch at then slowly rose off the table. Albus watched its progress, staring in awe as it rose and fell in mid air while Rose waved her wand like a conductor with a baton. "Want me to show you how?" she asked.
"Yeah Please," exclaimed Albus imediately, because he thought to himself that if he was not brave enough to try a spell, he was certainly not brave enough to be in Gryffindor house.
"Ok, it's easy, you just give your wand a swish and then a flick and then say, 'Winggardium Leviosa', but remember, it's pronouned Wing-gaaar-dium Levi-oooo-sa."
"Right," said Albus and he had his wand in the air and was just about to try the spell when his brother James burst in.
"Oooooh Al, I'm telling, your not suppose to do magic outside school, and then you'll be expelled before you've even got there!!" James excaimed.
"Oh honestly, that doesn't count till you've got there, don't listen to him Al," said Rose in a stern voice that remind Albus very much of Rose's mother Hermione.
"Oooooooooh," said James in a mock girly voice and with a scowl he left the comparment just as a rather plump lady with a trolley overflowing with sweets appeared and the door.
"Anything off the trolley dears," she said kindly.
"I'll have four chocolate frogs and a liquorce wand, please," saind Rose giving the woman some of her leftover silver.
"I'll have two pumkin pasties please," said Albus as he handed over his own money.
The woman thanked them for their custom and left.
"I thought I'd stock up, since I'm away from mum,"said Rose, holding up a chocolate frog, "she never let me have chocolate frogs, she thought I might become obsessive with the cards like dad did."
"Oh yes, my dad told me about that," said Albus with a grin, "apparently, he used to freak out every time he got Dumbledore."
They laughted together, as though they had not a care in world.
"Speaking of my dad, he told me that you can actually choose to be in Griffindor, he did," said Albus rather insanely.
"Ok, calm down, its not that big a d-"
"Yes it is," Albus cut in, "both my parents were in Gryffindor, especially my mum, she and your dad's family have been in Gryffindor for centuries!"
"Oh, well, if its a big deal for you," sighed Rose, "my dad is always joking around and saying that if I'm not in Gryffindor, I'll be cut out of the fortune."
"Yeah, Uncle Ron's always been a kidder, according to my dad," said Albus, smiling and looking at Rose. She was the picture of her mother, apart from her hair, for although it was long and wavy like her mothers, it was red as red can be. Weasley hair.
Back to top Go down
Gryffindorgal4hp
Higher magician
Higher magician
Gryffindorgal4hp

Female

The Son Of Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Son Of Potter   The Son Of Potter EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 8:51 pm

Chapter Two
Is anyone sitting there

"Albus, what are you looking at."
"Oh sorry," said Albus, as Rose gave him a look that resembled her mother. He turned to look out the window once again.
"Excuse me," said a small voice from behind the pair, "Is there anyone sitting there."
Albus turned to see a small girl with mousy hair who was holding a large volume to her chest and dragging her trunk behing her. She was already wearing her school rodes,and a nervous, questioning look on her face.
"No, you can come in and sit with us if you like," said Rose kindly.
" Thanks," said the girl.
" I'm Rose Weasley," said Rose, "and this is Albus Potter."
" I'm Natalie Patterson," said the girl, "I think I have read something somewhere, are you by any chance Harry Potter's Son, and you Ron Weasley's daughter."
"Yeah," said Albus shyly, staring at his feet.
"And my mum is also Hermione Granger," said Rose excitedly.
Albus mumbled something about Ginny Weasley.
"I know where I've read this," said Natalie as she layed the large book across her lap, which they could now see was a copy of "Hogwarts: a History- Old and Not-So-Old, "the end of this book is all about how your parents fought in that famous battle at Hogwarts against Voldamort."

No one flinched, as you cannot fear a dead being...

" I know," said Rose excitedly as she opened her truck and took out a copy of the same book, which was rather battered looking compaired with the new book that lay open on Natalie's lap.
"My mum got me this book a few years ago to show me the history of the school before I came here," Rose explained, " but its so fancinating I can't go anywhere without it, let alone Hogwarts."
"I just got mine new in July," said Natalie, "I have non-magical parents, so it was rather a shock when I got my letter."

Albus looked up.

"What house do you want to be in?" he asked her.

"Well, I would like to be in Gryffindor, but Ravenclaw sounds alright," said Natalie. " and I read Slytherin isn't as bad as it used to be, and Hufflepuff sound alright too, but you are the only people that have been nice to me so far, so I'd much like us all to be in the same house."

"I think we'd better change into are robes, I think we're almost here," said Rose, and sure enough, the train was slowing down.

Rose and Albus pulled on there robes, while Natalie read her book.

The train had now almost come to a complete stop. There was the sound of the trains horn from seemingly far away, and then the squeek of the brakes and many leavers working to stop the train.

The train was still.

The trio got up, picked up their belongings and walked out of the compartment together.
Back to top Go down
Gryffindorgal4hp
Higher magician
Higher magician
Gryffindorgal4hp

Female

The Son Of Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Son Of Potter   The Son Of Potter EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:06 pm

Chapter Three
A boat ride on the black lake

The three new students, Rose, Albus and their new friend Natalie stepped off the train onto the platform, and were immediately bathed in moonlight. Then, a familiar voice that Albus and Rose knew well called out from the otherwise comepletely dark platform.

"Firs' Years, this way please, come on now, ye don' wan' ter get lost," shouted the booming voice of Rubius Hagrid over the ruckus on the platform.

Albus and Rose hurried forward to make sure they were at the front of the queue, but Natalie hung back, looking nervous, but Rose spotted her and said soothingly, "Its Ok, thats Hagrid, he's really nice."

"Yeah," Albus put in, "he's a friends of are parents', and he wouldn't hurt a fly."

So Natalie followed Albus and Rose to the front of the line.

"Well, look who it is," beamed Hagrid when they saw them, "Little Albus and Rose, and ye've found a friend." Hagrid smiled down at Natalie, who, along with all the first years, was greatly deworfed by his height.

"Hallo, and who're you" said Hagrid kindly to Natalie.

"Hello Sir," said Natalie rather timidly, "I'm Natalie.... Natalie Patterson."

"There'll be know need to call me 'sir', you can called me Hagrid," said Hagrid, still smiling, then he heard someone sneeze, and he looked up and realised that he and the first years were the only people left on the platform.

"Oh," he said, "oh yeh, firs' years, follow me, this way ter the boats!"

The trio and all the other first years had to run to keep up with Hagrid as he strode ahead of them, leading the way to the boat. From the platform (the sign above it read "HOGSMEADE STATION") The first years were lead up there the village of Hogsmeade and then up a hill, so they were at the edge of a huge body of water. There were about twenty boats lined up along the edge of a lake, looking extremely ghostly in the light of the full moon.

"Two...or three ter a boat," said Hagrid, winking at the trio when he said the word 'three.'

There was a scramble for the boats (Albus, Natalie and Rose fought through the crowd, and finally got into the from boat behind Hagrids' boat together) and when everyone else was seated, the boats started to sail magically on there own across the lake. They had sailed for about ten minutes when....

"Look, there everyone," boomed Hagrids voice from the front of the formation, "that there's Hogwarts!"

Albus, Rose and Natalie looked up at the castle. Natalie was staring at the castle, wide-eyed and open-mouthed in amazement and Albus and Rose, too, found they were staring up at the huge castle, lights from its many floors shimmering like diamonds.

When Hagrid had landed the boats, the first years were lead to a large oaken door. As soon as that door opened, there magical lives would truely begin...
Back to top Go down
Pure Insanity
Healer
Healer
Pure Insanity

Female
Number of posts : 5289
Registration date : 2008-09-02

The Son Of Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Son Of Potter   The Son Of Potter EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:38 pm

*gasp*

I remember this from the snitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx

PS: excellante'
Back to top Go down
shadow
High Priestess
shadow

Female
Number of posts : 9316
Registration date : 2008-07-21

The Son Of Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Son Of Potter   The Son Of Potter EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Cool, can't wait to see the rest of the plot! Sounds like you're off to a good start, but one thing (I'm not trying to be picky or anything...) try putting in a bit more description rather than just one event after another...
Back to top Go down
https://mysticcreatures.rpg-board.net
Gryffindorgal4hp
Higher magician
Higher magician
Gryffindorgal4hp

Female

The Son Of Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Son Of Potter   The Son Of Potter EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:36 pm

Kk...will do when I'm working on the next chapter....thanks for the advice Jenn!

Love y'all

Peace
LucyXX
Back to top Go down
Pure Insanity
Healer
Healer
Pure Insanity

Female

The Son Of Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Son Of Potter   The Son Of Potter EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:30 pm

Ooooooh Jenno's being picky.....

evil child

xx
Back to top Go down
Gryffindorgal4hp
Higher magician
Higher magician
Gryffindorgal4hp

Female

The Son Of Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Son Of Potter   The Son Of Potter EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:35 pm

Heehee...I know...but It's great advice.

LucyXX
Back to top Go down
Pure Insanity
Healer
Healer
Pure Insanity

Female

The Son Of Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Son Of Potter   The Son Of Potter EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 8:03 pm

I know ... just sayin ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Son Of Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Son Of Potter   The Son Of Potter Empty

Back to top Go down

The Son Of Potter
Page 1 of 1